Catalina Holdings (Bermuda) Ltd and its group of wholly owned subsidiaries (“Catalina”) respects the privacy of users (“Users” or “You”) which visit its websites (www.catalinare.com or www.catalina.bm), the “Site”. This Notice explains Catalina’s current policy towards the collection and use of Personal Data of Users. By “Personal Data” we mean personally identifiable information which relates to a living person who may be identified directly or indirectly from that data – such as a User’s name, firm name, address and e-mail address. This Notice does not affect any other Privacy Notices which are found on other websites operated by Catalina for certain subsidiaries..
COLLECTING PERSONAL INFORMATION
The Site is used only to provide information about Catalina – including the provision of details of shareholders, senior management, business activities and publicly available financial information and to enable Users to contact Catalina senior management. The Site enables Catalina to collect the following information:
- your name and email address which you/Users supply in order for us to contact you with;
- we automatically collect, log and store a User’s domain and IP address (a unique string of numbers that identifies a computer on the Internet) as well as information about your computer including, geographical location, browser type and version, and operating system. This data is used for preventative cyber-security purposes, including for ‘click stream analysis’ to enable us to better understand site usage to see where the Catalina Site is being used in the world. This information does not personally identify a User but only the computer that being used to view the Site. The Site does not otherwise collect the Personal Data of Users unless they specifically and knowingly provide it in order to be contacted (see above);
You agree that Catalina may use and/or share the Personal Data you submit through the Site and any Personal Data of other interested parties which you have disclosed to us:
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- where we have your express consent to use and share the information;
- to address your requests appropriately (including through our media partners) and provide you with appropriate information about Catalina if we so choose;
- to carry out market research;
- in order to establish, exercise, or defend Catalina’s legal or property rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention);
- to provide aggregate information and statistics for the purposes of monitoring website usage to help Catalina develop our website (these statistics will not include information that can be used to identify any individual);
- to our affiliates or related companies or to any third party(s) that may acquire Catalina; and
- in situations involving threats to the physical safety of any person.
Accordingly, we may disclose your Personal Data to any member of the Catalina Group of Companies as well as our affiliate shareholders and related parties as reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this Notice. Catalina may also disclose your Personal Data to any of our employees, officers, professional advisers, agents, suppliers, or subcontractors as reasonably necessary for the purposes set out above.
Information that we collect from the Site may be stored, processed in, and transferred between any of the countries in which Catalina is established in order to enable us to use the information in accordance with this Policy. You expressly agree to the transfers of Personal Data described here.
Except as provided in this Notice, we will not provide your Personal Data to third parties. Personal information that we collect, log and store shall not be retained for longer than is necessary and legally permitted for the purposes set out in this Policy. Thereafter, we will either securely delete or anonymize your Personal Data.
Catalina takes reasonable technical and organizational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse, or alteration of your Personal Data. Catalina will store all the Personal Data you provide on our secure (password- and firewall-protected) servers. You acknowledge that the transmission of information over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
You can contact Catalina Data Protection Officer by post to the address below or by e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org ) to learn if we are keeping Personal Data about you or if you believe we have not processed your Personal Data in accordance with our obligations and this Notice, and that you have been affected by that non-compliance. You may have the right to instruct us to provide you with details and/or copies any Personal Data we hold about you, provision of which may be subject to the payment of a fee and the supply of appropriate authentication/verification of your identity. Factual errors in your Personal Data, including information that is out of date, can be corrected by sending us a request that sufficiently details how your Personal Data should be corrected. You may instruct us at any time not to process your Personal Data for marketing purposes.
You may always opt-out of the use of personal Information. To remove any Personal Data send an e-mail to email@example.com with the word “remove” in the subject line. Further, if you do not want your Personal Data shared with third parties in the manner discussed above please notify Catalina by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. We may require you to verify your identity.
The Data Protection Officer
Catalina Holdings (Bermuda) Ltd.
7th Floor, Cumberland House
1 Victoria Street.
The Site includes hyperlinks to, and details of, third party websites. Catalina has no control over nor is responsible for the privacy policies and practices of third parties. We cannot prevent the use or misuse of such information by others.
Catalina may update this Notice from time to time by publishing a new version on the Site. Users should check this page occasionally to ensure you understand any changes to this Notice. We may notify you of such changes by email.
Effective Date: [1 May 2019]